On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 12:38 -0400, Matthew Caron wrote:
> > I would like to know how. It would allow a middle ground between needing
> > all notifications so you are told about new things, and being told
> > nothing and having to check for interesting pages you can subscribe to.
> > Effectively, each new item advertises itself for subscription. I do
> > think one can have a mailing list in the AnnouncerPlugin that is only
> > active for certain actions on the item. That would solve it for me.
>
> Can't you register as a change listener, and then check the history to
> see if it's new or actually changed? This is presumptive that the
> various change events fire on new page/ticket creation, but I'd at least
> dummy something up to test the theory. Once you have that, it's pretty
> simple to notify a list (or even grab all email addresses from the
> preferences) and tell folks about it.

But I would like to stay with AnnouncerPlugin. The feature set as a
whole is good. Perhaps the plugin should be tweaked. Something like: if
a list or lists with some name exists (e,g, @NewAnything or @NewTickets
or @NewWiki), send these people mail when a corresponding new thing is
made. Then, continue with the usual processing.

--
Roger Oberholtzer