On 30/7/2010 4:09 PM, Cooke, Mark wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: trac-users@googlegroups.com On Behalf Of Josh Godsiff
Sent: 30 July 2010 00:27
To: trac-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Trac] Pre-populate user preferences

Hi

When creating a new project, does anyone know of a way to
automatically
populate user preferences? It doesn't have to do anything
complex, like
pulling data from another project, I'd just like some
sensible defaults
(e.g. their email address) to be in there automatically.

Thanks
- Josh

...which users?  How do you know the email addresses?

I think you will need to write a script to do this, based on some dB of
the users you want to add by default.  Pacopablo has blogged some
scripts for session data that could help to get started but that's
obviously not the same as preferences.

~ mark c

At the moment, our number of users is a small, discreet set (6 specific users per project), and as a small business we don't have time to come up anything hugely fancy, so at this point I was just planning to hard-code the data into whatever I come up with. (Though if someone /had/ a fancy solution, I'd be quite happy to use it).

Could you point towards these blog posts? They could be helpful.

- Josh