We conduct a meeting where we disposition and prioritize each bug and
assign it to the appropriate developer.  There is a meeting
coordinator who is running Trac and doing the modifications to each
ticket.  Every time he goes to update a bug, when set_owner is an
operation for the state change, the owner drop down defaults to his
name, instead of the name of whoever was there before. So, to prevent
changing owner, he has to manually re-select the name of the person
who was there before, this is tedious.

Is there any way to have the drop down list not default selected to
"self" but to select the current owner while still allowing the person
doing the operation to modify the owner field if desired?
I cannot find the solution in any documentation, and
set_owner_to_previous from advancedTicketWorkflow plugin does not give
the user the option to change the owner.

As an alternative workaround, is there any way to have the owner field
be present on the ticket form just like any other field like priority
and severity?

Thanks!
Sue