I'm trying to run v 0.12.1 under Apache2 on Ubuntu 10.04 and am having
limited success.  (Trac is installed with setuptools, per instructions,
and I'm configuring for multiple projects.)  A test environment works OK
under tracd or using CGI.

When I then try with either (the Ubuntu-packaged) wsgi or mod_python,
the page header and footer aren't displayed.  A previous report of this
under mod_python was solved by turning off optimization, but I haven't
turned that on, and the result is the same when I explicitly turn it
off.

Trying fcgi instead, I get the header and footer, but there's a ~15s
pause when viewing the result with firefox, which I assume is something
to do with the http keep-alive timeout in the headers.  With lynx or
konqueror I don't get the pause, but with chromium the page just doesn't
display.

I'm rather surprised there's a problem in this common environment that
doesn't seem to have been reported.  I'd be grateful for suggestions
about what I'm doing wrong or how to debug it; I don't see any clues in
the trac debug logfile or the apache logs.