Hi all,
We have been using and appreciating Trac 0.11.5 for a few years now.
Our project is hosted at a large university. The Powers That Be on our
network run an automated 3rd party vulnerability scanner, and our Trac
instance gets a red flag because it fails to use the HttpOnly flag
when setting cookies.

A patch for HttpOnly was offered in ticket 10453 <http://
trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10453>, but the patch has not yet been
integrated. The ticket has a milestone of Trac 0.13. I'm aware that
0.13dev exists, but there is no officially stable 0.13. I scanned trac-
dev and didn't see any conversation about an imminent 0.13 release.

We would like to get the Powers that Be off our backs. Right now, it
seems like our options are --
1) Install & monkey patch Trac 0.12.3
2) Follow these somewhat intimidating instructions to get Apache to
automatically add the HttpOnly flag to all cookie settings:
http://blog.modsecurity.org/2008/12/helping-protect-cookies-with-httponly-flag.html

Obviously an upgrade to Trac 0.13 stable is our favorite solution, but
the less elegant solutions have the advantage of being available right
now.

Does anyone have a sense of when Trac 0.13 (with the 10453 patch
applied) might be out? That will help us to decide whether to wait or
act.

Thanks
Philip