Hi

> It would be nice if the next drop of the Bitnami trac stack included not
> only Python 2.7 (instead of 2.6 which it is currently) but also had an
> Apache 2.4 version.

We configure Trac to work with Apache and mod_wsgi and currently there
is not a  mod_wsgi version for Windows for Apache 2.4.

> I have a feature request for the Bitnami Trac Stack. It would be great if it
> was a bit more of a"Batteries Included" version of trac with more plugins
> pre-installed out of box.  Most users need a bunch more plugins, including
> user-management to add and create users, and their permissions, defaulting
> to apache htpasswd auth backend, right out of the box.  It is surprising
> that user-configuration requires a Trac plugin to be added, and manually
> configured, before I can even add a user to my installation.    It was a lot
> easier to get going than manually installing Mod_Wsgi into Apache, then
> getting Trac going  purely with Easy-install and setup.py, etc etc.

Yes, we are considering adding the user-management plugin. However
there so many possible configuration that we will need to preconfigure
it with the most used by users. But more and more users are requesting
it so this is something that will add to the BitNami stack.

> It might be a bit selfish of me to wish that TracMercurial and Mercurial
> itself get added to the base Bitnami Trac Stack, but  at least on Windows,
> those are hard to get going.

Regarding adding Mercurial and TracMercurial plugin in the stack, we
really appreciate your feedback and requests :) our development is
driven by the our users requests so we are glad of hearing your
suggestions. It is already something that we would like to implement.
However it is not as simple, also we may find incompatibilities if for
instance if we upgrade to Python 2.7. There are not official Mercurial
installer for this version of Python. Apart of that it seems that Git
is getting more attraction and even it seems that it has been consider
to make it the official repository for Trac 1.x.

Best regards,

Victoria.