Hi,

I cant figure out how sub paths that Trac interprets are supposed to
work. The particular problem Im trying to solve is this; I am I supposed
to be able to override shared /chrome/ resources on a per project basis
in a multi project setup? The general question is can you override multi
project resources with project specific ones in *general* (that is what
I meant with cascade). Following is a description of setup and what Im
trying to do more precisely:

The trac web root is /foobar.com/trac//.
/TRAC_ENV_PARENT_DIR=/var/trac/projects/, so all projects are listed at
/foobar.com/trac/. I "deployed" to /var/trac/, so /var/trac/htdocs
contains the static resources that trac will serve. Individual projects
are kept under /var/trac/projects/. Setup looks like this in the file
system (only relevant bits shown, only// project name /p0 /expanded):

/var/trac/
??? cgi-bin
??? conf
??? htdocs
    ??? common
    ??? site
??? plugins
??? projects
    ??? p0
        ??? htdocs
            ??? common
            ??? site
        ??? plugins
        ??? templates

    ??? p1
    ??? p2
??? templates

Each project has its own htdocs/ directory (thats how trac sets it up).
So I assumed I could selectively override files in the system wide
/var/trac/htdocs/{common,site} dirs with files in say
/var/trac/projects/p0/htdocs/{common,site}. I assumed it would be a
general ~cascade semantics and /foobar.com/trac/chrome/common/blah/.txt
would first check project, then system wide location for this resource.
But its not working. Am I wrong about how this works?

I note resolving /site.html/ works in this cascading fashion so it would
be consistent with how templates/ resources are resolved. The plugins/,
and conf/ dirs work this way as well (sort of, although they are not web
accessible resources). But I also note that the installation docs
suggest to setup aliases to these "static" resources without mentioning
that would break things if things work how I assumed. Arggh Confusing...
Help very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam.