On 7/9/13, RjOllos <rjol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:03:28 AM UTC-7, rdeman wrote:

[...]
>> I am thinking to install
>>

>>    - Trac 1.0 (stable)

+1

[...]
>> What is the latest status on Ldap & Trac 1.0?
>>
>>    1. Will I still need a plugin?
>>
>> Yes, you'll need a plugin.

There are many ways to achieve this integration so, depending on what
option is better for you maybe you won't need a plugin at all . Some
options that I've used in practice :

  1. apache modules for ldap auth
  2. Trac plugin for ldap auth (MSAD)
  3. Leverage your ldap directory using an OpenId provider
      * I've deployed proprietary MSAD to OpenId solutions
      * gracie is a lightweight open source option based on
        PAM and used to work well for me
      * OTOH you could use Trac openid plugin ...
      * ... or apache modules for openid
      * This way you'll actually have an SSO environment
   4. There are other ways to get this done ...

>>    1. Will it work with ActiveDIrectory?

In case (1), (2), (3) above it will work, though you'll have to assess
pros/cons .

> The only plugin I'm aware of for working with ActiveDirectory is
> DirectoryAuthPlugin, Last I checked it was completely broken; including a
> lot of really basic problems like incorrect imports, typos in the DB schema

:'(

[...]
>>    1. How can I configure Trac so that it will only allow my team members
>>
>>    access to Trac and not simply everybody in the ActiveDirectory.

You can deploy plugins integrating LDAP groups into Trac , then you
may configure permissions (in Trac) for groups/users .

[...]

--
Regards,

Olemis.