Hi Simon

On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:58:14 PM UTC+1, osimons wrote:

> There is no problem using the RPC plugin with digest auth - or any
> particular other auth for that matter. The RPC plugin just uses what
> it gets from Trac, and if Trac can authenticate then the plugin is
> fine with that.
>
> The real problem is that CLIENTS generally don't support digest auth,
> or any other particular auth mechanism other than lowest common
> denominator: Basic Authentication. So something like Python xmlrpclib
> only supports Basic auth. However, if you were to build a custom
> client that provides its own authentication handlers, all should be
> fine. Other clients for other platforms like Java, .Net or whatever
> may support further mechanisms - including Digest. I don't know. But
> in the end it all depends on the client.
>
> If you configure a project with digest auth, you should have no
> problem using curl to make authenticated calls to a Trac /rpc handler.
> "man curl" for all details of curl options... :-)

Are you sure? I'm not getting the XMLRPC interface to work using curl and
digest authentication:

$ curl --data '<?xml

--header 'Content-Type: text/xml' --digest --user "$user:$password"
--dump-header - 'http://localhost:8080/login/xmlrpc'
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: tracd/1.0.1 Python/2.6.8
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:41:31 GMT
Set-Cookie: trac_session=67c4ffa3973fdfb495fd3d29; expires=Sun, 24-Nov-2013
15:41:31 GMT; httponly; Path=/

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: tracd/1.0.1 Python/2.6.8