On 12/04/2013 05:27 AM, Ala Maison wrote:
Hi all,

We have a trac server but it's been abandoned for a long time and we
would like to "restart" it but on an other server.
Since i never used it myself, i don't know the first thing about this
software, how can i know what version of trac is running on the server.

It should tell you in the bottom of every trac page, left hand side, right by the "trac powered" logo. It will say "Powered by Trac", and then some version.

And most importantly, is it possible to take all running tickets and
archived ones to the new server without loosing any datas in the process ?

Yes. Generally, what you want to do is:
 1. Move all the trac project storage (the files on disk)
 2. Move all the database bits

How to do this depends specifically on how your system is set up. I would suggest:

1. Locate your trac.ini. Generally, the directory in which it exists is the trac data directory. You want this. 2. Read through the trac.ini, and see if you can find out what database it's using. If it's sqlite, just copy that over. If it's MySQL or PostgreSQL, then you'll need to dump the database contents and move that (consult the appropriate DB docs on how to do this).

Sorry for my bad english,

It's not so bad.
--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer