On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Feuermurmel <michi.schw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be fine with only one syntax being accepted and the other one being
rejected with a clear error message.
> When I run the command with the "r24" syntax, I'm not seeing any
indication of an error, in the logs or on
> the command line, which is IMHO suboptimal.

Agreed; I just filed http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/11386, proposing some
debug output to clarify this.

>> That has been working very well for half a year and I assumed that the
"sync" command will trigger all the same
>> events inside of Trac as a "chnagesat added" would, except maybe less
efficient. But a few weeks ago I noticed
>> that the MultiRepoSearchPlugin was not finding new stuff in the
repositories and so I investigated.

>> What is your view on this? Do you think It makes sense to expect my
approach of notifying Trac of changes in the
>> repositories? Otherwise I would just rewrite my script to instead issue
the correct "changeset added" commands.

> Well, it seems I have answered my own question; the CommitTicketUpdater
also refuses to work when just
> using the "sync" command, instead relying on the same events that
MultiRepoSearchPlugin uses.

Yeah, it looks like "repository sync" (and "repository resync") don't fire
any plugin-friendly events at all.  So I think your best option is
rewriting your script to issue the "changeset added" commands in sequence.

-Ethan