Hi,

I've released a small new plugin, WorkflowActionButtons, to streamline
workflow interactions on a ticket.  It adds a row of buttons to the top of
a ticket page, basically replicating the "Workflow Actions" panel in the
Modify Ticket section, but with small graphical buttons, and uses modal
interactions for supplemental information like comments, resolutions,
reassignments, etc.

Screenshots:
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/WorkflowActionButtonsPlugin#Screenshots

More details: http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/WorkflowActionButtonsPlugin

It's intended to streamline a certain use case that I run into frequently:
most often when I'm viewing a ticket I want to take some workflow action
(reassign, close, reopen, move_to_qa...) and perhaps leave a comment, but
with the default UI, this involves first expanding the "Modify Ticket"
section, then scrolling all the way down past the ticket edit form to the
Actions panel to select an action, then scrolling back up to the "Comments"
section to leave a comment along with my action.

The plugin is BSD-licensed and can be installed from PyPI and Github:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/trac-WorkflowActionButtons

https://github.com/ejucovy/trac-WorkflowActionButtonsPlugin

At the moment the plugin is minimally configurable (labels and icons can be
changed) but I have some plans to expand the trac.ini options available to
a site administrator.

Happy New Year,
Ethan