On 03/19/2014 02:57 PM, Rich Alderson wrote:
Updates to the ticket are still being mailed to the original owner (bouncing
since he is no longer here). One oddity is that his forwarding entry in
/etc/mail/aliases was removed the day he left, so there should not be
any way
for the mail to leave the system on which Trac is running (company mail is
handled by Exchange/Outlook, user authentication is AD).

If his email address is explicitly set to user@domain, then it is going to look up the MX record for @domain, and will not use the local alias, since there is no alias for user@domain (and there likely was only one for user to begin with).

You can always look at the local mail log file, and update the ticket. My guess is that you'll see 3 pieces of mail go out - one to you, one to the ticket owner, one to the original reporter.

I can't see any trace(s) of the original owner anywhere in Trac. I'm not
really fond of the idea that I need to run a SQL session to manipulate the
Trac database directly, for obvious reasons.

Please elucidate what reasons you feel are obvious. I would think that a simple:

select * from session_attribute where name = 'email' and sid = 'user';

would be pretty harmless.

--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Red Lion Controls | www.redlion.net