On 02/04/2015 05:10 PM, Sri Ram Kannan wrote:
    So, if you send email to sriram...@gmail.com <javascript:>, and it's
    from
    tr...@yourdomain.com <javascript:>, you need to be able to hit reply
    and the email goes
    to tr...@yourdomain.com <javascript:>, which means that you need to
    set up a mailserver
    @ yourdomain.com <http://yourdomain.com> which will accept email and
    route it to the email2trac
    script.

Can you explain this point much in detail on how to achieve it ? Do I
need to install mail server as you mentioned in the earlier mail using
your notes ? Exim ?

Yes, you need to install a mailserver. Exim is the one I use. Mike responded in another thread and suggested Postfix. Either are very valid choices which do the same thing. I would recommend against using the sendmail server, as it is very old and complicated.

     > 4. How to receive the mail locally in the machine to see rather than
     > sending to the gmail.

    Once your mailserver is working, you'd want to change the email address
    associated with that user in the admin panel, so instead of trying to
    send it to sriram...@gmail.com <javascript:>, you want it to go to
    sriram...@yourdomain.com <javascript:>. You may also want to change
    the trac config
    to use the local mail server. Then you can check that email account
    instead of the IMAP account and get email there.

And please explain to how to do change the trac config to use the local
mail server.

See http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracNotification

Specifically, you want to be certain that smtp_server is not set to google's servers.

I appreciate your immediate response and you gave a clear idea about the
issue now. Thanks a ton!

Sorry for the delay in this reply - I'm in US Eastern Time zone, and I went home. :-)
--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Red Lion Controls | www.redlion.net