From: trac-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:trac-users@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of RjOllos
Sent: Wednesday, 21 February 2018 7:04 PM
To: Trac Users
Subject: [Trac] Re: TracDirectoryAuth 2.1.0 Plugin not populating User account
information

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 10:57:02 PM UTC-8, david.johnstone wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I am trying to get the TracDirectoryAuth Plugin working.  I am using LDAP to
bind to  Windows Active Directory (AD). Trac seems to successful bind to and
retrieve the list of Users, Display names and email addresses. (See trac.log
below)

In the Accounts --> Users, the list of users seems to be correct, but display
names and email address are missing.

I am not a Python programmer, but from what I can see in auth.py from the
plugin, the routine “_get_userinfo” is working.  The issue seems to be in
“_populate_user_session”.

Can someone please help?

Cheers,
David J.

You have Apache configured to handle authentication, so I suspect that
"DirAuthStore.check_password" will never get called. The only call to
"_populate_user_session" is in "check_password". "check_password" won't get
called with Apache configured to handle the authentication:
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/directoryauthplugin/trunk/tracext/dirauth/auth.py?marks=263#L216

- Ryan