On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 12:54:11 AM UTC-7, shad wrote:

> Thank you for your reply Ryan.
>
> I am using Trac 1.0.2 and thus I would like to use
> TracFineGrainedPermissions, with which I can create Extra-Permissions, but
> how can I assign it to the view of particular report? for example to the
> report shown below:
>
> [...]
>
> Could you please guide me with this please?
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Regards,
> Shad

You need to enable AuthzPolicy:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracFineGrainedPermissions#AuthzPolicy

You can control permissions to a report using a rule like:
[report:1]
user1 = REPORT_VIEW

Then, assuming you revoke REPORT_VIEW for other users through the global
permissions scheme (you must revoke from the anonymous and authenticated
meta-groups), only user1 will be able to view report:1.

The fine-grained permission rules can be a bit tricky. Be sure to read the
entire page and test each rule you implement.

However, the shortcoming of AuthzPolicy is that permission groups are not
inherited, so they must be redefined in the authz file. Until that issue is
resolved it may be better to use PrivateReportsPlugin.

With PrivateReportsPlugin you can create a new permission that's required
to view any reports and assign that permission to a permission group.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CPoEh0qX7zQ/Wu4vGn6stdI/AAAAAAAAJM0/7tf4AHeDkOoN03XgBUuZZhP6jBkouI6-wCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-05%2Bat%2B15.18.45.png>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ca3TS6mcrEE/Wu4vOwEzreI/AAAAAAAAJM4/oIgTwDe0rJQqA4Bcepr-jNIj2N-Dvm4EQCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-05%2Bat%2B15.19.03.png>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4cN9ed5O4sI/Wu4vVV4TQyI/AAAAAAAAJNA/WosIjWHxxmgPRM-EWUoYRcQTx6jxldn4wCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-05%2Bat%2B15.19.34.png>

This case is pretty simple. REPORT_1_VIEW is required to view report:1,
user1 is in group "group1", and "group1" is granted REPORT_1_VIEW.

- Ryan

Assuming an Extra Permission named REPORT_1_VIEW, edit your policy file
with:

[report:1]
* = REPORT_1_VIEW