Eventhough the user was not existing anymore, it seems that some single
user permission rules in /admin/general/perm were blocking.
So I need to remove all of them first, and recreate later.

Actually this is the correct behaviour when I think about that some rule of
a non-existing user exists, and somebody anonymous fetches this username...

We are going to have a self-Registering phase and close that after all
users have registered. How is that done? Just disabling the
RegistrationModule?

Is it true, that without this plugin and using the htpasswd auth by the
webserver, it is not possible for users to change their password? If true,
then this plugin is required for us.

What is the meaning of all the acct_mgr.model.* modules like
AttachmentUserIdChanger? Those are all disabled here. After enabling they
get disabled again.

As for the /login directive in the webserver, the plugin docs say this is
still required, is that true or just removing the complete /login section?
<Location /trac/login>
   # Some options like AuthType and AuthUserFile
   Require valid-user
</Location>

What about

[account-manager]
email_regexp = your_regex

Is it possible to make a rule here matching the domain like this?

email_regexp = .*@company.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/trac-users/a8154dd3-7efb-4a85-8a0b-96c78219445a%40googlegroups.com.