On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 9:36:34 PM UTC-8, Velu Narasimman wrote:

>     I used that statement inside of a plugin. I am managing multiple
> Environments(projects) here. So I used the generic logging form like,
> *self.log.debug("write
> this to log file") . *
>
>     In some other places due to the need I imported the environment
> specifically like this,
>

> *    from trac.env import Environment *
> *    current_env = Environment("/path/to/environment") # environment is a
> Project*
> *    current_env.log.debug("Some text to the log file")*
>
>     I have used this second method at many places.

If run that code that from the command line, I assume only one log line
will be written.

If that's true, then there is likely an issue with your web server
configuration that is leading to the request being processed multiple
times. I assume that is related to the slowness.

Sharing your web server configuration may be a good next step.

It's strange you would need to construct an Environment instance in a
plugin, since it can be accessed in a Component instance as self.env. In
the rare instance that it's necessary you probably want to use
"open_environment" from trac.env, with use_cache=True.
https://www.edgewall.org/docs/branches-1.2-stable/html/api/trac_env.html#functions

You may want to temporarily disable your plugins and see if the duplicate
logging ceases. Some of your plugins may not be implemented correctly.

- Ryan