Am 19. November 2019 00:09:25 MEZ schrieb thos <thfann...@gmail.com>:
>Ryan,
>
>I am a long-time Trac user, but new to this group. I appreciate your
>attentiveness.
>
>We are trying to create lightweight containers for multiple Trac/SVN
>instances, and having all of the development binaries pulled in by pip
>is
>undesirable. We also need control over when we upgrade resources.
>
>One difference is that apt-get puts the python packages in
>/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages, while pip puts them in
>/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages. (This is from memory so may be
>off
>a bit.) Also, the --force-reinstall doesn't actually remove the
>system-installed packages.
>
>I will continue to explore what might be different. Could you point me
>where in Trac the "Plugin" page is generated? That might give clues as
>why the grouping is wrong. Of course the problem could be elsewhere
>(e.g.
>plugin registration) and I'm willing to do a little digging. It's just
>odd
>that no errors are produced.
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Tom
>
>On Monday, November 18, 2019 at 9:37:50 AM UTC-6, RjOllos wrote:
>>

>> On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 10:24:24 PM UTC-8, thos wrote:
>>>
>>> I have some additional information to provide. In my Dockerfile:
>>>
>>> FROM debian:buster-slim
>>>
>>> ENV SITE_DIR /var/www/repos
>>> ENV LANG C.UTF-8
>>>
>>> RUN apt-get update; apt-get install -y \
>>>  apache2 \
>>>  libapache2-mod-wsgi \
>>>  libapache2-mod-svn \
>>>  subversion \
>>>  python \
>>>  trac \
>>>  rsync \
>>>  ; \
>>>  rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
>>>
>>> There seems to be an issue with the package distribution. If I add
>pip to
>>> the installed packages and use it to force a reinstall of Trac, then
>the
>>> problem goes away:
>>>
>>> RUN apt-get update; apt-get install -y \
>>>  apache2 \
>>>  libapache2-mod-wsgi \
>>>  libapache2-mod-svn \
>>>  subversion \
>>>  python \
>>> * python**-pip \*
>>>  trac \
>>>  rsync \
>>>  ; \
>>>  rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* ; \
>>>
>>> * pip install --force-reinstall Trac==1.2.3*
>>>
>>> The problem with this solution is that python-pip carries a lot of
>>> baggage with it (compilers, developer libraries, etc.)
>>>
>>> Perhaps there is a missing dependency in the trac.deb package?
>>>

>> I've seen the behavior during development and reinstall has always
>fixed
>> the issue, as you've noted. I'm unsure about the cause.

> [...]

Just to throw in a thought:

Would providing Trac DEB-packages be useful?
I've been a couple of times before near doing some serious Debian developer
work but never did the final step.

Recently I've moved to a rather powerful private cluster computing structure,
that would benefit from useful tasks like building packages.
So how do your, Ryan, and others feel about a repository, that could provide
more recent Trac and even development versions via apt rather then pip & Co.?

Steffen

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Steffen Hoffmann