Maybe along the lines of adding a comment that contained something similar
to *[ticket-custom]*...

Possible mockup for a comment containing checkboxes:

*[comment-custom]*

*test_one = checkbox*

*test_one.label = Some checkbox checked at the start... and possibly
unchecked by clicking on a box*
*test_one.value = 1*

*test_two = checkbox*
*test_two.label = Some checkbox unchecked at the start... and possibly
checked by clicking on a box*