[Resending with a more meaningful subject line -- apologies for the noise]

Hi,

I use TrampMode with eshell. I cannot, however, see the output of remote
commands [ran whilst in a remote directory ie on a remote host] in the
eshell buffer.

Kai Grossjohann had inquired about the same issue on tramp-devel/2002-09:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2002-09/msg00121.html

I was wondering if there is a simple way [ie a simple change or setting
in tramp [or perhaps in eshell]] which would insert the output of a remote
command into the current eshell buffer.

If you could point me in the right direction, I can also try to implement
it myself.

Cheers,

Berkan

Ref: http://www.emacs-wiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EshellAndTramp