Hello.

I am trying to convert some sci-fi VHS recordings to DVD.  The happen to be
films and are telecined.  So, ivtc and decimate to the rescue, right?  Well,
not entirely.  Since the movies have many scenes in outer space, the video is
mostly black, which I've found doesn't work so well with ivtc.  Thus, it
doesn't always convert and get rid of the frames it's supposed to which makes
the video longer than it should.  It is almost always visually unnoticeable,
but every time it happens the audio gets a little more out of sync,  By the end
of the movie it's fairly obvious that the audio doesn't match the video (which
I hate).  Is there a way to stretch the audio in order to make it match the
video?

As far as I can tell, the telecining pattern never changes.  Is it possible to
specify at what frame the inverse telecine should start and to never deviate
from the pattern even if it thinks that there are no interlaced frames?

Thank you,
- Peter Federighi