I'm here because I hit a dead end searching the dvd::rip mailing list archive, and after subscribing here I failed to locate an archive of this list to search. The list welcome message provided no link, and http://lists.exit1.org/mailman/listinfo/transcode-users doesn't have one that gets my attention.

I started by making a DVD of a Jimmy Fallon segment recorded on my Pioneer DVR. Then I tried dvd::rip with the intent to produce a mpeg file of that segment. Dvdrip transcoding passed the 70% mark, then exited with the subject error message. The complete log is at: http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/dvdriplogfile-lulu01.txt

The tail of the log includes:
Output:    INFO: [mplex] mplex version 2.0.0 (2.2.7 $Date: 2010/03/13 13:05:07
$)
**ERROR: [mplex] Unable to open file /isos/work/lulu/avi/030/lulu-030.m2v for reading.

I haven't found any FAQ that addresses this kind of error message. Did I do something wrong? What now? Can someone recommend a better Linux app to rip a mpeg from a DVD?

If this list has an archive, where is it?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/