From: transfer-dev@googlegroups.com [mailto:transfer-...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Mark Mandel
Sent: 24 July 2009 08:11
To: transfer-dev@googlegroups.com
Subject: [transfer-dev] Re: CF9

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Dave <davidame...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I'm wondering what the plans are for transfer in relation to CF9.

The SVN version of Transfer will work on CF9.  CF9 didn't like the usage of
the method 'throw()' very much.

We are currently looking to move our transfer based application from
CF8 to CF9, and while performance testing I noticed there is a fairly
significant performance penalty attached transfer under CF9 compared
to CF8.

I'm surprised there would be a penalty.. if anything I would have thought it
would run faster.  Can you provide more details on this? i.e. testing
environment, tests done, etc.

Are there any plans for a CF9 compatible release of transfer?

...if you are running it on CF9, I assume you are running the SVN version,,
yes?

Alternatively, has anyone given considering to turning transfer into a
wrapper about CF9's inbuilt hibernate support to allow a migration
path?

That would be tricky, considering they work in some pretty significantly
different ways, including but not limited to configuration.

Mark

--
E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic