Understood. As far as logic goes...

If cf_sql_float is converted to cf_sql_double in Adobe CF, then
changing the queryparam to cf_sql_double would change absolutely
NOTHING about the way Transfer works on existing ColdFusion
installations. I will do the testing, but I think we can make a safe
bet that since float becomes double anyway, then double won't break a
single thing, but instead only fix Railo.