Transfer uses unions in the sql to keep the number of duplicate rows down.

If you hit the issue described above, just make the relationship lazy, so
they don't get called all in one query.

Mark

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Stephen Moretti <stephen.more...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Robert,
>
> What happens if you alias the columns?  (See the updated pastebin)
>
> Stephen
>

> On 22 October 2010 11:16, Rawlins <rob...@supporttime.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> I've stumbled across a problem this morning which is an unusual one.
>> It MAY be documented or expected behaviour but it caught me out so I
>> thought I would start conversations off here.
>>
>> When I have two objects that have matching column names (http://
>> pastebin.com/x272btY7 *note the 'Quantity' column) but these two
>> columns have different data types, when loading from the database
>> Transfer throws a SQL error if the data in the child entity column
>> doesn't match the datatype of the parent entity.
>>
>> [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Conversion failed when
>> converting the varchar value '1.25' to data type int.
>>
>> The quantity column in my Fabric table is a varchar, and contains the
>> value 1.25. The quantity column in the OrderItem table is int.
>>
>> This does not occur when inserting the entity, only when loading it.
>>
>> Any ideas? is this normal? or a bug? Sorry for the sketchy
>> explanation, it was difficult to describe.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> --
>> Before posting questions to the group please read:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/transfer-dev/web/how-to-ask-support-questions-on-transfer
>>
>> Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
>> http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

>> "transfer-dev" group.
>> transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<transfer-dev%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/transfer-dev?hl=en
>>

> --
> Stephen Moretti
> Blog : http://nil.checksite.co.uk/
> Twitter : http://twitter.com/mr_nil
> More Twitter : http://twitter.com/CFOverflow
>
>  --
> Before posting questions to the group please read:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/transfer-dev/web/how-to-ask-support-questions-on-transfer
>
> Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
> http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

> "transfer-dev" group.
> transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<transfer-dev%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/transfer-dev?hl=en

--
E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic

cf.Objective(ANZ) - Nov 18, 19 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training
www.ColdFusionOrmTraining.com