Acute - Sebastien Flory wrote:
> I'm brand new to this mailing list and I have been using Pootle for our own
> project since ~2 weeks.
>
> However, I have a few questions in no particular order to the Pootle masters
> that you certainly are:
>
> Question 1:
> Is it normal that Pootle is awfully slow to merge/update a 15000 words
> template for each language file?
> (when I say slow, I mean 10 minutes slow)

I had the same experience with a smaller catalog (11.000 entries) ; the
merge would result in an HTTP timeout with the server.
Eventually I had to write my own scripts (using msgmerge) to do the merge.
> Question 2:
> I had to patch the indexpage.py to allow upload of .pot file (for the
> template), is it a bug or did I miss something?
>
> Question 3:
> I haven't figured out how suggestion and validation works. I really tried to
> find out, but no luck! Can someone help me there?

I haven't try the validation yet but the suggestion can be activated the
following way :

    * login as the admin on Pootle
    * Go to the Admin > Projects > yourproject page
    * from the project page you can edit privileges attached to each PO
      file by clicking on the language name (I've submitted a request
      #202 to provide better usability). Note that you can't easily
      define default privileges for all PO files.
    * among the rights that you can set is the "suggest" right.