On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:32:26AM +0200, F Wolff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Are we still supporting all the versions that were supported before?
> Is the --author (or --user) feature present in all currently supported
> versions of the systems?

Yes and no. :-) That's why I wrote that list. AFAIK cvs/svn does not
support so; those backends just ignore the author info. Other systems
have a --author/--user switch and make use of it.

> * Does it work if commit rights are given to an anonymous user? In this
> case we don't have a username or email address. Obviously we can't
> fabricate the information - I just want to know that we don't get
> unexpected results in this case.

I did not check this case explicitly.

commitpofile() in Pootle/projects.py unconditionally used
session.username already, so I *think* I did not introduce a new
problem, but other parts of the same file check if session is None; so I
guess it will not work.

BTW, how one tracks the source of problematic translations if anonymous
users can commit? Sounds like a "technically possible, but you never
want this" case to me.