On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Samuel Murray (Groenkloof)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, Pootle is not just a database with a web-based interface (like
> Drupal or any of those systems).  It contains custom applications that
> run in the background, so you'd need to have those installed as well.
> The solution is to get a more expensive web host.

Damn. I was afraid you'd say that.

> What kinds of files have you gotten out of Pootle?  What kinds of files
> are you trying to get in?

I haven't gotten anything out, I've only read the documentation, which
makes it look really easy. I haven't gotten anything in, despite
repeatedly following the directions I found at Willing Wheels.

> If by CMS-ifying you mean use only backend systems that are available on
> the cheap web hosts, then the answer is "no" because Pootle is more
> powerful than that.  It would be an interesting exercise to rewrite the
> Translate Toolkit using only PHP, truly, but it is not on the current
> todo list AFAIK.

Fair enough -- I see your to-do list is pretty long already.

If by CMS-ifying you mean create an easy installer
> that is web-based, well, I guess it can be done, but it may be cheaper
> (if you count programmer's salaries etc) to simply get a slightly more
> expensive web host yourself :-)

Well, that might have to happen anyway, because my web host also can't
run ]Project Open[, another app I'm very interested in.
--
Steve Herrick

Maybe we can eventually make language a complete impediment to understanding.
- Hobbes the tiger