On Di, 2008-10-14 at 12:29 -0500, Steve Herrick wrote:
> I'm trying to install Virtaal here at work (shh, don't tell!), on my
> iMac. The Toolkit install fine, but Virtall gives me the following
> message....
>
> steve-herricks-imac:virtaal-0.2-rc1 outreach$ ./setup.py install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./setup.py", line 375, in <module>
>     main(options)
>   File "./setup.py", line 356, in main
>     options = add_platform_specific_options(options)
>   File "./setup.py", line 343, in add_platform_specific_options
>     return add_mac_options(options)
>   File "./setup.py", line 323, in add_mac_options
>     } for description, extentions, mimetypes in factory.supported_files()]
> NameError: global name 'factory' is not defined

Hallo Steve.

The installation from source is not quite as simple as we want, and I
have to warn you, getting it to run on the Mac is not as easy as I'd
like (perhaps it is just because I'm semi Mac illiterate :-)

You could comment out most of those lines, if you want. They are simply
trying to build the file associations. To solve it properly, you can
ensure that the translate toolkit (from your checkout, installation or
download), is in your PYTHONPATH. So if you are installing from SVN
(which I'm assuming for now), you can do something like
PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH:../ ./setup.py install

Please let us know on translate-devel of your success. I've been trying
to use Immendio's GTK port, and it definitely works, just not very well
yet. Are you planning on using the GTK+ with X11?

Keep well, and thank you for the feedback. I hope we can write up some
notes for Mac users once you get it running.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: