On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 14:31 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Not exactly a fight, but here is the situation:
>
> Our project uses Pootle as primary UI for translation. Because, and only
> because it offers the direct VCS integration we need for seamless
> translation updates.
>
> We also use Rosetta due to legacy reasons from before Pootle was
> understood and setup properly. It's been kept due to the additional user
> base they provide, and easier GUI encouraging some users.
>

> What I'm looking for is a way to automate the flow of .pot and .po from
> Pootle into Rosetta after any change. And the reverse flow of .po
> updates back into Pootle without clobbering the asynchronous .po updates
> made in Pootle meanwhile.
>
> If anyone knows of this already being done please point me there.
> Otherwise its a feature request for Pootle :)

Pootle can accept PO file uploads so you could probably automate the
pull from Rosetta and push to Pootle in simple bash scripts.

The same for the reverse Pootle -> Rosetta but I have no idea how
Rosetta accepts uploads of files outside of the translation system.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* Google Translate + libtranslate + Virtaal = machine translation in 7 new
languages
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/google-translate-libtranslate-virtaal-machine-translation-7-new-languages
* Fixes for Skype Video, Webcam on Fedora
* libtranslate, TM plugins and Virtaal

Stop Digital Apartheid! - http://www.digitalapartheid.com
Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) - http://africanlocalisation.net/