On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 21:19 -0400, Eric Jung wrote:
> > Our usual policy has been to not host such projects because of the admin
> > involved.
> >

> I understand. I saw projects like VLC, etc. and thought I would ask.
>

> > BUT, I'm quote interested to see what would be needed to host an
> > extension for localisation on Pootle.  It might mean doing a few things
> > to make the process painless for an extension author, your input on
> > those would be invaluable.
> >

> I'd be glad to provide that. FYI, I'm also on the board of directors for
> mozdev.org, and we have been looking for a translation tool to provide to
> our members, many of whom are extension authors. I'd be glad to be a "guinea
> pig". FWIW, I don't think you need to support anything other than .property
> files and DTD files. Some of the stuff other systems try to do with
> extensions is overkill and simply doesn't work well.

Some alternate hosting would be very useful in the long term. We can
chat about various options.  The first step though would be to see how
this can be done generally.

> > So that's a yes if it wasn't clear ;)
> >

> Awesome! Can we chat off-list about it?

Absolutely.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* Google Translate + libtranslate + Virtaal = machine translation in 7 new
languages
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/google-translate-libtranslate-virtaal-machine-translation-7-new-languages
* Fixes for Skype Video, Webcam on Fedora
* libtranslate, TM plugins and Virtaal

Stop Digital Apartheid! - http://www.digitalapartheid.com
Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) - http://africanlocalisation.net/