G'day Dwayne, Henrik, Eric, Chris and everyone

Allow me to make some comments about BBpress and Wordpress.

1. BBpress is published by the Wordpress people, and general discussions
between translators of BBpress occur on the Wordpress POLYGLOTS mailing
list.  The Wordpress contact is also the BBpress contact (namely Nikolay
Bachiyski).

2. There is between 2% and 5% overlap between Wordpress and BBpress in
terms of translatable text.  So essentially, BBpress is a completely
separate product and the Wordpress translators have no real reason to
feel they also have ownership of BBpress.  The Danish Wordpress is 100%
translated.

3. There is a Danish Wordpress team, with a Danish forum etc:

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language#Danish_-_Dansk_.28da_DK.29
http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Localization_Teams#Danish_-_Dansk

4. The chief translator of Danish Wordpress is René Clausen Nielsen:

http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/da_DK/trunk/messages/da_DK.po

5. There have been attempts to get a Danish BBpress translation off the
ground, and René said he would do it:

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-polyglots/2007-February/001237.html
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-polyglots/2007-September/001474.html
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-polyglots/2007-September/001462.html

6. So far there have been *no* PO files submitted for Danish BBpress:

http://svn.automattic.com/bbpress-i18n/da_DK/

So, in the light of the above, it would seem that if you contact René
and ask him if you can take over the Danish translation of BBpress, he
would possibly be keen, and then once we know that we are talking to the
new official translator or team leader of the Danish BBpress team, we
can add it to Locamotion.org and give the person admin translator rights.

Samuel

--
Samuel Murray
sam...@translate.org.za