Op Di, 2009-10-27 om 19:19 -0400 skryf Houzanme:
> Hi All,
>
> This is an interesting project and i'd like to contribute by leading the
> translation into FON.
> Fon or "fongbe" (fon langage) represents the single most used local langage
> in Benin Republic. I am a native from Benin, spoke fon from childhood untill
> I graduated from college. I also speak French and English, so I feel I could
> be of interest to this project.
> Chris Starace, Peace Corps volunteer, native of the USA has lived and worked
> in Benin and has said this nice thing about Fon: "Fon is fun!"
>
> How do I help create this project and lead the effort in translating the
> softaware and possibly the content in Fon?

Hallo

It is good to hear of your interest.  Since you wrote to the Pootle
mailing list, I assume you are specifically interested in translating
Pootle.  We should have news about translating the new version of Pootle
in a few days. You should see the announcement on this mailing list.

In the meanwhile, you might be interested in this website of the African
Network for Localisation:
http://www.africanlocalisation.net/

There are several projects working on improving the state of software
localisation in African languages, and I am also involved there. An easy
place to get involved immediately, is with the 'locales' project - the
first steps to get things working in your language on computers:
http://www.it46.se/afrigen/

I see some work started on Fon, but your help will be needed to make it
complete. If you have a locale created, you can also start translating
Virtaal and some other software into your language.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: