Alaa Abd El Fattah wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 03:43:56 +1300
> Amos Jeffries <squ...@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Got around to checking out the new beta today.
>>
>> After some initial issues caused by old data from previous tests it
>> starts going nicely. Running PootleServer and requesting a page
>> re-generates the missing database.
>
> sorry we did not make the need to delete the old database clear.
>
>> and the new refreshed version of the page does not continue the nice
>> live update. It simply shows the update process to the point of
>> refresh.
>
> hmm maybe we need to do some locking while db is being initialized.
>
>> Step Two was to test the import of existing settings and users.
>>
>> Problem 1:  ./pootle/tools/import_old_prefs.py is not executable.
>>
>> Problem 2: when made so and run it generates:
>>
>> PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:../ ./pootle/tools/import_old_prefs.py
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "./pootle/tools/import_old_prefs.py", line 15, in <module>
>>      from pootle_app.models.project import Project
>> ImportError: No module named pootle_app.models.project
>
> that's a python path problem it would work if installed via setup.py,
> but we should make it easier to run from checkout.
>
> cheers,
> Alaa

Aha!.
For the record it works nicely when given

  PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:../:./local_apps/

Browsing around I see lots of nice improvements.

What I would really like though is a quick link back from the language
pages are to the main /projects/XX/ home page. Instead of having to go
to go the long way around via Home->Project Name.
   The top of the light blue directly under the pootle logos and titles
seems like a useful place for the project name writ large with a linkage.

Amos