On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 17:10 +0530, sankarshan wrote:
> I did read the entire thread before starting the installation.
>
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Dwayne Bailey <dwa...@translate.org.za> wrote:
> > You can try Fedora RPMs from here
> > http://translate.sourceforge.net/snapshots/Pootle-1.3.0-beta4/
> >
> > You will need to install both the translate-toolkit and pootle RPMs as
> > the translate-toolkit RPM contains some important backports
> >
> > rpm -Uvh both files and install any missing dependencies
> >
> > Ensure that the services are up:
> > services httpd start
> > services memcached start
> >
> > Browse to http://localhost/pootle
> >
> > Tada!
>
> I would request that you provide a .repo file (pootle.repo ?) that
> makes it easier to drop into the repos.d and do a yum install etc.

If only I knew how :)  Mostly my aim is to get these into Fedora proper
in the long run so that problem should disappear but I'd like to get it
working for testing builds.

> After installing the required dependencies and, restarting the services, I hit

You were running under mod_wsgi, correct?

> SELinux has denied the httpd access to potentially mislabeled files
> .tmp. This means that SELinux will not allow httpd to use these files.
> Many third party apps install html files in directories that SELinux
> policy cannot predict. These directories have to be labeled with a
> file context which httpd can access.
>
> The trick is
>
> If you want to change the file context of .tmp so that the httpd
> daemon can access it, you need to execute it using chcon -t
> httpd_sys_content_t '.tmp'. You can look at the httpd_selinux man page
> for additional information.

Yes I did look into this but I don't really understand this area. I'm
not sure how to implement this in the spec file.

> But, can this be avoided ?

The problem is that we're storing translatable files
in /var/lib/pootle/po and .tmp is in that directory.  We could avoid
this by putting all the files under the web root /usr/share/pootle.  But
I don't think that's the right approach.

If you can find any guidance then please shout.  I'm hoping the review
will reveal these issues.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate             Research Director        +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* Translation Memory difference highlighting in Virtaal
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/translation-memory-difference-highlighting-virtaal
* Firefox in 10 African language
* Google Translate + libtranslate + Virtaal = machine translation in 7 new
languages

Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) - http://africanlocalisation.net/