or., 2009.eko aberen 18a 12:35(e)an, Leandro Regueiro(e)k idatzi zuen:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Julen<jul...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi people,
>>
>> After the release of Pootle 2.0, our intention is to keep Pootle
>> improving, and there are exciting plans for the future.
>>
>> In this aspect, the layout of the translate page can be improved and
>> that has been worked in the past few days.
>>
>> The current page has its limitations, and for instance, it doesn't use
>> all the space available horizontally, since that space is reserved for
>> displaying terminology entries.
>>
>> So a Virtaal approach has been taken, expanding horizontally the
>> elements within the unit being edited. Thus, 100% of the space is used.
>>
>> A couple of screenshots will be more helpful than my words.
>>
>> The current unit displaying all the available features:
>> http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5788/tpagefull.jpg
>>
>> The current unit with less features:
>> http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5562/tpagenofull.jpg
>>
>> If some features such as suggestions, alternative source language or
>> terminology are missing, the displayed elements take the remaining
>> available space.
>>
>> Also note that there is a new element being displayed, translation
>> memory, which for now queries a tmserver[1] of choice. This needs more
>> work on the backend part, but looks promising and especially useful.
>>
>> So after showing you this, we would like to hear from you what you think
>> about these improvements, how can we improve or what should we focus on.
>> Feedback, comments, in the end.
>
> I don't like the hiding of options unless it is based on user
> preferences, since some users may want to see all the relevant
> information, and others may consider useless things like suggestions
> made by other translators. And when some option is hidden, in certain
> moments the translator may want to see the option.

There's no magical hiding of elements.
If the *user* hasn't selected any alternative source languages, or there
are no user suggestions (or terminology suggestions), simply the
remaining space is reused.

Are you perhaps suggesting a way to show/hide the information while
translating and setting the defaults on a user-basis?

> Another thing is that the suggestions from translation memory could
> have a button or some trick to automatically copy the text to the
> translation field.

That is already implemented, clicking on top of the suggested text
copies it to the focused textarea, the same way as it's currently done
for terminology.

Julen.