On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:30:37 +0200
Michelle Konzack <linux4miche...@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

> Hello Alaa Abd El Fattah,
>
> Am 2010-06-11 11:12:25, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> > wow this is an amazing installation, can we know more about it? what
> > kind of translation work is being done? how did you set it up?
> > anything we need to fix in Pootle to make this kind of large
> > deployment easier/more practical?
> >
> > would really love to know more.
>
> We are using PostgreSQL to import all data and  have  one  language
> per column.  I have customers which are translating reports and
> even  books and some times there are more then one person working on
> one file.

ok so Pootle 2.1 has a different structure for the database tables.
since we have to support any number of languages we can't put each
language in a column. but still it might fit your workflow to just
insert records directly in the Pootle database.

I suggest you install 2.1 alpha3 and have a look at the database
structure. it is not ready yet (that's why it is called alpha), but
hopefully the database structure will not change much.

cheers,
Alaa