After one more reading through the config file it dawned upon me
that the template shown in the Wiki (which I just copied with my brain
turned off) is not enough. There only the "/Pootle/po" and
"/Pootle/html" directories are given permissions to read.

Since I by
default deny everything in my basic apachce config one must also add the
Pootle root (of course..) with a new Directory statment in order to
execute wsgi.py

Order deny,allow
Allow from all

Can I suggest that
this is added to the wiki config example (since now adays the deny all
is standard for most Apache installations)

/J

On Thu, 12 May 2011
14:58:09 +0200, Johan Persson wrote:

> I have installed Pootle
(+mysql) and everything seems to work fine
> when I run the standaone
server.

> However, when I try to run Pootle
> under Apache with the
wcgi module I get an access denied error, i.e.

> .. client denied by
server configuration:
> /usr/local/share/pootle/wsgi.py ...
>
> So
clearly I have something wrong.

> I'm fairly used to Apache
configuration files but I have no technical
> knowledge on Python nor
Django (end hence the wsgi module)

> So far I
> have double checked
that:

> * File are accessible by Apache (a plain
> index.html
dummyfile in the Pootle direcory is accessible from browser)

> * dbs
and po is writable (even though as I understand should not be

necessary since I use mysql)
> * there is no hidden .htaccess
overriding
> the standard settings in the Apache config module
> *
Access control in
> the Apache module for pootle is set to "Allow from
all"
> * No spelling
> mistakes in path names etc
>
> So I suspect
there is some issue with
> running i the Django framework for the
wsgi.py file. But unfortunately

> I don't have any technical
knowledge of Django (nor the wsgi module).

> Can anyone give some
hints on where I should look further?

> Cheers!
>
> Johan

> What every
C/C++ and Fortran developer should know.
> Learn how Intel has extended
the reach of its next-generation tools
> to help boost performance
applications - inlcuding clusters.