From: F Wolff [mailto:frie...@translate.org.za]
Sent: 28 December 2011 17:33
To: translate-pootle@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [translate-pootle] Update files from templates - All strings
marked fuzzy

Op Wo, 2011-12-28 om 17:35 +0100 skryf Tim Anil:

> Chris, thanks for your answer.
> I could identify what caused the TS translation to be marked fuzzy. If
> in the .ts original template file you have <translation
> type="unfinished"></translation> instead of
> <translation></translation>, then for an unknown reason, the
> translated string will be marked fuzzy after the update even if the
> original string in the template is not modified. So removing the
> attribute 'type="unfinished' in the template file seemed to resolve
> the problem.
>
> But I made other tests with .pot file and Mac OS X properties file and
> had other problems:
>
> If I update from a .pot template with a slightly modified original
> string in the template, then the translation is lost (becomes empty)
> and not marked fuzzy although the original string is slightly
> modified.
>
> If I update from a Mac OS X properties template with an original
> string A modified to B in the template, then the translation is
> replaced with the new string B and the original string displayed
> before the translation is still the old one A instead of B.
>
> It's a real problem because it means that all translations with
> slightly modified original strings would be lost.
>
> I tried with the last version 2.2.0-alpha1a from trunk but the
> problems are the same.

Hallo

What version of the Translate Toolkit do you use when you see this
behaviour? Did you try exactly the same case with a PO file (translated
entries becoming fuzzy with no change in the source text)? It might have
something to do with the TS format, although I'm just guessing now.

What you mention about the OSX properties might be unrelated. Can you
search for that in Bugzilla to see if it is a known issue?

Thanks
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: