Op Vr, 2012-08-10 om 17:36 +0200 skryf W. Martin Borgert:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running pootle 2.0.5 on Debian 6.0.5 with Apache 2.2.16 (worker),
> mod_wsgi 3.3 and Django 1.2.3. I'm translating PO files < 4k words.
>
> Unfortunately, when pressing "submit" after entering a translated
> string, the server does not respond and Apache goes up to 100%
> CPU usage and stays there (memory usage is low, however).
>
> Using memcached or not does not make any difference, it seems.
>
> I saw this behaviour before, but only seldomly. Since some time, it
> got worse. Maybe it depends on the PO file size or the number of
> languages?
>
> Any ideas, what is going wrong? TIA!

Hi.

If you say the CPU usage stays at 100% - for how long does it stay
there?

In Pootle 2.0, a few things happen when submitting the string. The file
size will definitely affect this. This is one of the many performance
improvements in version 2.1. How big is this file? Can you post a link
to the project hosting it? Lots of obsolete strings could maybe cause
this in Pootle 2.0.

Another possibility: do you have an indexing engine installed? Which
one?

Are the relevant strings particularly long? Do you have a very large
terminology list for the relevant language? Which version of the
Translate Toolkit do you have?

Although these questions might help us understand why it happens, I fear
that my recommendation will probably be the same either way: Pootle 2.1
improved performance quite a bit, and this might be fixed in a later
release. Upgrading the Translate Toolkit only might help, but recent
versions of the Toolkit was probably never tested with Pootle 2.0, so it
would have to be tested first.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: