*Once upon a time there was this girl who had four boyfriends.
She loved the 4th boyfriend the most and adorned him with
rich robes and treated him to the finest of delicacies. She gave him
nothing but the best.
*
*She also loved the 3rd boyfriend very much and was always showing him off
to neighboring kingdoms. However, she feared that one day he would leave her
for another.*
*She also loved her 2nd boyfriend. He was her confidant and was always kind,
considerate and patient with her. Whenever this girl faced a problem, she
could confide in him, and he would help her get through the difficult times.
The girl's 1st boyfriend was a very loyal partner and had made great
contributions in maintaining her wealth and kingdom. However, she did not
love the first boyfriend. Although he loved her deeply, she hardly took
notice of him!
One day, the girl fell ill and she knew her time was short. She thought of
her luxurious life and wondered, I now have four boyfriends with me, but
when I die, I'll be all alone.'*
*Thus, she asked the 4th boyfriend, 'I loved you the most, endowed you with
the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying,
will you follow me and keep me company?'
'No way!', replied the 4th boyfriend, and he walked away without another
word. His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her heart. *
*The sad girl then asked the 3rd boyfriend, 'I loved you all my life. Now
that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'No!', replied the
3rd boyfriend. 'Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to marry someone
else!' Her heart sank and turned cold.*
*She then asked the 2nd boyfriend, 'I have always turned to you for help and
you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me
company?'
'I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!', replied the 2nd boyfriend. 'At
the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave.'
His answer struck her like a bolt of lightning, and the girl was devastated.
Then a voice called out: 'I'll go with you.I'll follow you no matter where
you go.'The girl looked up, and there was her first boyfriend. He was very
skinny as he suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the
girl said, 'I should have taken much better care of you when I had the
chance!' *
**
*In truth, you have 4 boyfriends in your lives:
*
*Your 4th boyfriend is your body. No matter how much time and effort you
lavish in making it look good, it will leave you when you die.
Your 3rd boyfriend is your possessions, status and wealth. when you die, it
will all go to others.
Your 2nd boyfriend is your family and friends. No matter how much they have
been there for you, the furthest they can stay by you is up to the grave.
And your 1st boyfriend is your Soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth,
power and pleasures of the world.
However, your Soul is the only thing that will follow you where ever you go.
Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of you
that will follow you to the throne of God and continue with you throughout
Eternity.
Thought for the day: Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees,
you're in the perfect position to pray.
*
*Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
- Jim Rohn *
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---