Having trouble viewing this email? View the online
version<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=140025>
.
 [image: Purpose Driven Community - Daily Devotional]    June 1, 2009
Tell God You Love Him by Listening to
Him<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=140025>
by Rick Warren
 "I am the Good Shepherd; I know My own sheep, and they know Me . . . They
will listen to My voice" (John 10:14, 16 NLT).
    One way to worship God is to listen to Him.

Listening is one of the greatest gifts you can give to somebody. When you
listen to someone, you're saying, "You matter to me." When I listen to my
children, when I listen to my wife, when I listen to anyone, I'm saying, "I
value what you have to say. I value your opinion. You're important to me."
When I don't listen to somebody, I'm basically saying, "You don't matter to
me. You're not important to me. I don't value what you have to say."

The same is true with God. Every time you listen to God, you're saying,
"God, you matter to me. I value what you have to say." Listening is the most
misunderstood and overlooked part of prayer. Most of us think that prayer is
just talking to God. That's only fifty percent of prayer. The other fifty
percent of prayer is getting quiet and letting God speak to us.

Usually we're in too much of a hurry to do this. What we do is say, "Hi,
God, it's me. I've got ten things I need from You. Thank you. Over and out.
Goodbye." We don't wait and listen. We don't say, "God, do You have a few
things to say to me?"

Did you know that the Bible says hearing God's voice is a test of whether
you're a true believer—whether you're in God's family—whether you're headed
for heaven or not? In John 10, Jesus essentially says, "I am the Good
Shepherd; I know My own sheep, they know Me, and they listen to My voice."

How often do you pause to listen to God each day? Do you pause and say,
"God, is there anything You want to say about this?" When you're trying to
make a decision, or you're getting ready to go to an event, or you're about
to talk to somebody about something important, do you pause and say, "God,
is there anything You want to say about this?"

Evaluate yourself on that. God wants you to hear Him, and by listening, you
worship Him.

      *Today on PurposeDriven.com:*
Each headline that North Korea makes could be seen as a distraction from
issues as horrifying as the country's nuclear plans. Click here to read
"North Korea's Real
Threat."<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=140322>
  Missed
out on one of the Daily Devotionals? View the online
archives<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=119877>
.
Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free
subscription<http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do>to
*The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily Devotional, your daily inspiration via
email.   You are subscribed as . You can unsubscribe at any time by changing
your e-mail 
preferences<http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do?epid=E0984A82-CC1F-4445-B213-1B7B8D82CB03&trkid=ddnews>
. Please do not reply to this email. If you have technical problems, email
us <[email protected]>. *The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily
Devotional newsletter is produced by
PurposeDriven.com<http://www.purposedriven.com/>.
You can reach us by mail at *Purpose Driven Connection*, PO Box 8108, Red
Oak, IA 51591-1108. © 2009. The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. Read
our Privacy
Policy <http://www.purposedriven.com/jsp/privacy-policy.jsp>.


-- 
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
                - Jim Rohn

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to