Having trouble viewing this email? View the online
version<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=155200&messageid=44100&databaseid=67001&serial=1222907142&[email protected]&userid=73682&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00563&execution_nbr=15&&&2000&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=600001110>
.
[image: Purpose Driven Community - Daily Devotional] July 1, 2009
Are You in a Mismatched
Job?<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=600001110>
by Rick Warren
"Each of you should go on living according to the Lord's gift to you, and
as you were when God called you. This is the rule I teach in all the
churches" (1 Corinthians 7:17 TEV).
We worship God when we give Him our lives every time we pray. Jesus says
when we pray, we should commit ourselves to God's will. After I give God my
love, I give Him my life.
Notice the prayer says, "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it
is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10 NIV). Did you know God has a specific will for
your life? The Bible says in Romans 12 that His will is good and perfect and
it fits you. Part of connecting with God is saying, "God, what is Your will
for me today? I want to do Your will."
In heaven, God's will is done perfectly. The problem on earth is God's will
is not always done. That's why we're to pray, "Your will be done on earth as
it is in heaven." We're saying, "God, I want to submit to You. I want to do
what You want me to do." True success in life is knowing the will of God and
getting right in the center of it.
You can pray "Your will be done" in three different ways. You can say it in
resentment: "Your will be done, but I don't like it." You can say it in
resignation: "Your will be done, because I can't help it." Or you can say it
in anticipation: "Your will be done, because I know it is the best and
that's what I want for my life today!"
When I was a kid, we watched a popular TV show entitled, *Father Knows Best*.
Your earthly father may not always know what's best, but your heavenly
Father does. That's what it means to say, "Your will be done."
Pray this prayer: "God, I know Your will for my life is better than anything
I can dream up. I want to give You my life. I want Your will done in my
life."
*A Note From PurposeDriven.com:*
Due to a technical error, Sunday's devotional was never sent. We apologize
for the error. Click here to see the devotional you
missed<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=600001101>or
here
to see our devotional
archive.<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=119877>
Missed
out on one of the Daily Devotionals? View the online
archives<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=155200&messageid=44100&databaseid=67001&serial=1222907142&[email protected]&userid=73682&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00563&execution_nbr=15&&&2001&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=119877>
.
Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free
subscription<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=155200&messageid=44100&databaseid=67001&serial=1222907142&[email protected]&userid=73682&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00563&execution_nbr=15&&&2002&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do>to
*The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily Devotional, your daily inspiration via
email. You are subscribed as . You can unsubscribe at any time by changing
your e-mail
preferences<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=155200&messageid=44100&databaseid=67001&serial=1222907142&[email protected]&userid=73682&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00563&execution_nbr=15&&&2003&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do?epid=E0984A82-CC1F-4445-B213-1B7B8D82CB03&trkid=ddnews>
. Please do not reply to this email. If you have technical problems, email
us<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=155200&messageid=44100&databaseid=67001&serial=1222907142&[email protected]&userid=73682&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00563&execution_nbr=15&&&2004&&&mailto:[email protected]>
. *The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily Devotional newsletter is produced by
PurposeDriven.com<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=155200&messageid=44100&databaseid=67001&serial=1222907142&[email protected]&userid=73682&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00563&execution_nbr=15&&&2005&&&http://www.purposedriven.com>.
You can reach us by mail at *Purpose Driven Connection*, PO Box 8108, Red
Oak, IA 51591-1108. © 2009. The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. Read
our Privacy
Policy<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=155200&messageid=44100&databaseid=67001&serial=1222907142&[email protected]&userid=73682&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00563&execution_nbr=15&&&2006&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/jsp/privacy-policy.jsp>
.
--
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
- Jim Rohn
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---