Having trouble viewing this email? View the *online
version<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2000&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201908&trkid=ddnews>
* or the *text 
version<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2001&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=printArticleContents&contentId=201908&KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=500&width=790&modal=true&trkid=ddnews>
*.
  [image: Purpose Driven Life]

September 25, 2009
Prayer Steps: From Condemnation to
Confidence<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2002&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201908&trkid=ddnews>
by Rick Warren

"Yes, all have sinned; all fall short of God’s glorious ideal; yet now God
declares us 'not guilty' of offending him if we trust in Jesus Christ, who
in his kindness freely takes away our sins" (Romans 3:23-24 TLB).

  For the past few days, we've been studying the biblical path from
condemnation to godly confidence, and I consider this so important to our
ability to make healing choices, that I want to lead you in a prayer today.

You've been under self condemnation, maybe because of some unresolved guilt,
maybe because of some unrealistic expectations, maybe both. The Bible says,
"All of us have sinned and we all fall short of God's ideal; yet, now God
declares us not guilty if we trust in Jesus Christ, who in his kindness,
freely takes away our sins."

Would you like to have that burden removed? Would you pray, "Jesus Christ, I
want to ask you to forgive me for all the things I've ever done wrong." If
something specific comes to mind right now, just agree, saying, "Yes, and
that . . . and that . . . " As those pictures go across your mind, say,
"Lord, I ask forgiveness for that and I accept your forgiveness because of
Jesus Christ."

Pray, "Jesus, help me to forgive myself and to look straight ahead with
honest confidence and not to hang my head in shame. When my past failures
come to mind, instead of me coming back and begging you to forgive me again,
help me to remember that I've already been forgiven. I just need to forgive
myself. Every time that memory comes back, instead of me being guilty, Lord,
I will be grateful. Let that memory remind me, instead, that you are a God
of forgiveness and grace, and that I am forgiven. When that memory comes to
my mind, let it cause me to praise you and say, 'What a great God you are!
You've forgiven me. I'm a trophy of your grace.'"

Then would you pray, "Lord, help me to relax in your grace, to realize that
you don't expect perfection. You know what I'm made up, that there is no
condemnation in Christ, that you'll never love me any more and never love me
any less because of what I do."

"Father, I want to walk in your grace. I want to take off the yoke of guilt
and put on the yoke of grace today. Lord, help me to eliminate the negative
self-talk in my life. I know now that when I put myself down, I am really
questioning You--because you made me the way that I am, the way I look, with
the talents and abilities I have and the ones that I don't have. You made me
just to be me."

"Help me to focus my mind on the positive things and to read my Bible every
day and memorize it and meditate on it. And as I read it, remind me again
and again how much you love me. God, help me to quit trying to please
everybody. I know it's an impossible task and it only causes anxiety in my
life. Instead, let me focus only on doing your will and knowing if it's your
plan and purpose for my life. Help me to obey what you've told me to do; it
doesn't matter what others think. I relax in your grace."

"Thank You, Father, that through your grace we can get off the rat race of
unresolved guilt and unrealistic expectations--those things that push us to
do more. Instead, may we relax and do the things that really count. I pray
this in Jesus' name. Amen."



   Today on PurposeDriven.com
<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2005&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201728&trkid=ddnews>
Choose
Joy<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2006&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201728&trkid=ddnews>
Rick Warren on why happiness is your choice
» 
MORE<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2007&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201728&trkid=ddnews>
 
<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2008&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201796&trkid=ddnews>
We
All Need 
Healing<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2009&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201796&trkid=ddnews>
In these difficult and uncertain times, many of us are hurting. Join Pastor
Rick in *Life's Healing Choices*—a NEW 8-week experience to help people find
freedom from hurts, hang-ups and habits
» SMALL 
GROUPS<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2010&&&https://www.lifeshealingchoices.com/?trkid=ddnews>
» 
INDIVIDUALS<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2017&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=201796&trkid=ddnews>
   Missed
out on one of the Daily Devotionals? View the online
archives<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2011&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=119877&trkid=ddnews>
.
Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free
subscription<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2012&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do?trkid=ddnews>to
*The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily Devotional, your daily inspiration via
email.

You are subscribed as [email protected]. You can unsubscribe at any time by
changing your e-mail
preferences<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2013&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/profilecenter/openPreferencePage.do?epid=E0984A82-CC1F-4445-B213-1B7B8D82CB03&trkid=ddnews>
.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have technical problems,
email 
us<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2014&&&mailto:[email protected]>
.

*The Purpose Driven Connection* Daily Devotional newsletter is produced by
PurposeDriven.com<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2015&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/&trkid=ddnews>.
You can reach us by mail at *Purpose Driven Connection*, PO Box 8108, Red
Oak, IA 51591-1108.

© 2009. The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. Read our Privacy
Policy<http://rdstrongmail1.com/track?type=click&mailingid=316900&messageid=44300&databaseid=67500&serial=1222917021&[email protected]&userid=220066&extra=keycode=&promokey=EPD00565&execution_nbr=29&&&2016&&&http://www.purposedriven.com/jsp/privacy-policy.jsp?trkid=ddnews>
.


-- 
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
                - Jim Rohn

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to