Elisha, this is a PROFOUND e-mail from a MIGHTY MAN of GOD that you are....
Be Blessed. Chieflizzo On 10/12/09, Karambakuwa Elisha <[email protected]> wrote: > > Embracing Imperfection > > "When I was a little girl, my mom liked to make breakfast food for > dinner > every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she > had made > breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, > my > mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage, and extremely burned toast in > front of > my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad > did was > reach for his toast, smile at my mom, and ask me how my day was at > school. I > don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember Watching > him > smear butter and jelly on that toast and eat every bite! > > When I got Up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom > apologize to my dad For burning the toast. And I'll never forget what > he > said: 'Baby, I love burned toast.' > > Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if > He > really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, > 'Debbie, > your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And > besides-a little burnt toast never hurt anyone!' You know, life is > full of > imperfect things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the best > housekeeper or > cook. > > What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each > other's > faults - and choosing to celebrate each other's differences - is the > one of > the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting > relationship. > > And that's my prayer for you today. That you will learn to take the > good, > the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of > GOD. > Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a > relationship where burnt toast isn't a deal-breaker! We could extend > this to > any relationship in fact - as understanding is the base of any > relationship, > be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!! " > > "Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket but into > your > own." > > > > *"Do not be afraid little flock, it is your Father's pleasure to give you > the kingdom." Luke 12:32* > > > > Disclaimer and Confidentiality > > ********************************************************************** > > http://www.oldmutual.co.zw/disclaimer/disclaimer.asp > > ********************************************************************** > > *P** **Please** consider the environment before printing this email* > > > > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tribewithavibe" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
