Wednesday, January 13, 2010 *Your heart and personality reveal God's purpose<http://profile.purposedriven.com/dailyhope/post.html?contentid=3442> * by Rick Warren
*Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given,
and then sink yourself into that .... Galatians 6:4b (Msg).*
Another way to determine how you can serve others is to ask yourself such
questions as:
- What do I really enjoy doing most?
- When do I feel the most fully alive?
- What am I doing when I lose track of time?
- Do I like routine or variety?
- Do I prefer serving with a team or by myself?
- Am I more introverted or extroverted?
- Am I more a thinker or a feeler?
- Which do I enjoy more—competing or cooperating?
Examine your experiences and extract the lessons you've learned. Review your
life and think about how it has shaped you. Moses told the Israelites,
"Remember today what you have learned about the Lord through your
experiences with him." (Deuteronomy 11:2 TEV)
Forgotten experiences are worthless; that's a good reason to keep a
spiritual journal. Paul worried that the believers in Galatia would waste
the pain they had been through. He said, "Were all your experiences wasted?
I hope not!" (Galatians 3:4 NCV)
We rarely see God's good purpose in pain or failure or embarrassment while
it is happening. When Jesus washed Peter's feet, he said, "You do not
realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." (John 13:7 NIV)
Only in hindsight do we understand how God intended a problem for good.
Extracting the lessons from your experiences takes time. I recommend that
you take an entire weekend for a life review retreat, where you pause to see
how God has worked in the various defining moments of your life and consider
how he wants to use those lessons to help others.
This will give you very clear direction on the ways he wants you to minister
to others.
Live the
Truth<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=131427>
Go from knowing the truth to living the truth
MORE<http://www.purposedriven.com/article.do?method=articlePage&contentId=131427>
Holiday Catalog<http://ebooks.purposedriven.org:8080/Christmas2009Catalog/>
Inspirational holiday gift ideas from SaddlebackResources.com
MORE <http://ebooks.purposedriven.org:8080/Christmas2009Catalog/>
Missed out on one of the Daily Devotionals? View the online
archives. <http://profile.purposedriven.com/dailyhope>
Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free
subscription <http://profile.purposedriven.com/signup> to The Purpose Driven
Connection Daily Devotional, your daily inspiration via email.
Follow Us:
Follow Pastor Rick on facebook and Twitter.
You can unsubscribe at any time by changing your e-mail preferences.
http://profile.purposedriven.com/managesubscriptionssimple.aspx?eid=1E85295
------------------------------
--
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
- Jim Rohn
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.
