How Are We Doing, God?

Every Sunday morning in our church, we have a time in the service when the
little ones run up to the front of the sanctuary before they are sent off
to children's church. The children's leader meets them on the steps and
engages them in a short conversation before a prayer of blessing.
Sometimes, the little ones themselves want to say the prayer.

One Sunday, a little boy's prayer "preached" the sermon. He said, with a
childish lisp, "Dear God, we thank you for dis day; we thank you for dis
church" ... a pause, then, "How are we doin', God?"

A ripple of amusement swept over the congregation. Obviously, the child
had a parent who routinely asked how he was doing.

But his question is a good one, is it not? It is one we should all be
asking.

What if every child of God asked throughout the day, "How am I doing, God?
How is my attitude? Am I keeping my mind pure and focused on things that
are good? Am I doing the things that are pleasing in Your sight? Am I
growing taller in You?"

King David had this kind of watchful attitude before God. I think he often
asked, "Lord, how am I doing?"

Perhaps he worded it like this: "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; Try my
mind and my heart." (Psalm 26:2 NKJV)

Prayer: Dear Father, we humbly ask You today, "How are we doing?" We lift
our hearts and minds to You to be examined and tried. Forgive us where we
so often fail to hear Your voice. Help us to walk in obedience to Your
Word. O Lord, may we be worthy of Your praise. Amen.

Julie Klassen [email protected] Chilliwack, British Columbia,
Canada.


-- 
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
                - Jim Rohn

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.

Reply via email to