Wow Mukoma T, God bless you, that was a really touching story you shared
with us.

Thanks again.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Tinashe Musere <[email protected]>wrote:

> I can only imagine...
>
>
> "THE ROOM" as written by a 17 Year Old Boy.
> This is excellent and really gets you thinking about what will happen
> in Heaven.
> 17-year-old Brian Moore had only a short time to write something for a
> class. The subject was What Heaven Was Like. "I wowed 'em," he later
> told his father, Bruce. It's a killer. It's the bomb It's the best
> thing I ever wrote." It also was the last.
>
>
> Brian's parents had forgotten about the essay when a cousin found it
> while cleaning out the teenager's locker at Teays Valley High School
> in Pickaway County.
>
> Brian had been dead only hours, but his parents desperately wanted
> every piece of his life near them, notes from classmates and teachers,
> and his homework. Only two months before, he had handwritten the essay
> about encountering Jesus in a file room full of cards detailing every
> moment of the teen's life. But it was only after Brian's death that
> Beth and Bruce Moore realized that their son had described his view of
> heaven.
>
>
>
>
>
> Here is Brian's essay entitled:
>
>
>
>
> "THE ROOM"
> In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in the
> room. There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall
> covered with small index card files. They were like the ones in
> libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order.
> But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemingly
> endless in either direction, had very different headings.
> As I drew near the wall of files, the first to catch my attention was
> one that read "Girls I Have Liked." I opened it and began flipping
> through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I
> recognized the names written on each one. And then without being told,
> I knew exactly where I was. This lifeless room with its small files
> was a crude catalog system for my life. Here were written the actions
> of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory couldn't
> match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred
> within me as I began randomly opening files and exploring their
> content. Some brought joy and sweet memories; others a sense of shame
> and regret so intense that I would look over my shoulder to see if
> anyone was watching.
>
> A file named "Friends" was next to one marked "Friends I Have
> Betrayed." The titles ranged from the mundane to the outright weird.
> "Books I Have Read," "Lies I Have Told," "Comfort I have Given,"
> "Jokes I Have Laughed At."
>
> Some were almost hilarious in their exactness: "Things I've Yelled at
> My Brothers."Others I couldn't laugh at: "Things I Have Done in My
> Anger", "Things I Have Muttered Under My Breath at My Parents." I
> never ceased to be surprised by the contents. Often there were many
> more cards than expected. Sometimes fewer than I hoped. I was
> overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the life I had lived.
>
> Could it be possible that I had the time in my years to fill each of
> these thousands or even millions of cards? But each card confirmed
> this truth. Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with
> my signature.
>
> When I pulled out the file marked "TV Shows I Have Watched," I
> realized the files grew to contain their contents. The cards were
> packed tightly, and yet after two or three yards, I hadn't found the
> end of the file. I shut it, shamed, not so much by the quality of
> shows but more by the vast time I knew that file represented.
> When I came to a file marked "Lustful Thoughts," I felt a chill run
> through my body. I pulled the file out only an inch, not willing to
> test its size, and drew out a card. I shuddered at its detailed
> content. I felt sick to think that such a moment had been recorded. An
> almost animal rage broke on me.
>
> One thought dominated my mind: No one must ever see these cards! No
> one must ever see this room! I have to destroy them!" In insane frenzy
> I yanked the file out. Its size didn't matter now. I had to empty it
> and burn the cards.
> But as I took it at one end and began pounding it on the floor, I
> could not dislodge a single card. I became desperate and pulled out a
> card, only to find it as strong as steel when I tried to tear it.
> Defeated and utterly helpless, I returned the file to its slot.
> Leaning my forehead against the wall, I let out a long, self-pitying
> sigh.
>
> And then I saw it. The title bore "People I Have Shared the Gospel
> With." The handle was brighter than those around it, newer, almost
> unused. I pulled on its handle and a small box not more than three
> inches long fell into my hands. I could count the cards it contained
> on one hand.
> And then the tears came. I began to weep. Sobs so deep that they hurt.
> They started in my stomach and shook through me. I fell on my knees
> and cried. I cried out of shame, from the overwhelming shame of it
> all. The rows of file shelves swirled in my tear-filled eyes. No one
> must ever, ever know of this room.. I must lock it up and hide the
> key. But then as I pushed away the tears, I saw Him.
>
> No, please not Him. Not here. Oh, anyone but Jesus. I watched
> helplessly as He began to open the files and read the cards. I
> couldn't bear to watch His response. And in the moments I could bring
> myself to look at His face, I saw a sorrow deeper than my own. He
> seemed to intuitively go to the worst boxes.
> Why did He have to read every one? Finally He turned and looked at me
> from across the room.. He looked at me with pity in His eyes. But this
> was a pity that didn't anger me. I dropped my head, covered my face
> with my hands and began to cry again. He walked over and put His arm
> around me. He could have said so many things. But He didn't say a
> word. He just cried with me.
>
> Then He got up and walked back to the wall of files.. Starting at one
> end of the room, He took out a file and, one by one, began to sign His
> name over mine on each card. "No!" I shouted rushing to Him. All I
> could find to say was "No, no," as I pulled the card from Him. His
> name shouldn't be on these cards. But there it was, written in red so
> rich, so dark, and so alive.
> The name of Jesus covered mine. It was written with His blood. He
> gently took the card back He smiled a sad smile and began to sign the
> cards. I don't think I'll ever understand how He did it so quickly,
> but the next instant it seemed I heard Him close the last file and
> walk back to my side. He placed His hand on my shoulder and said, "It
> is finished."
>
> I stood up, and He led me out of the room. There was no lock on its
> door. There were still cards to be written.
>
> "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever
> believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I am not as good as I should be, neither am I yet as good as I could
> be, but I THANK GOD, I am much better than I used to be...being
> Perfected onto His Glory!
>
>
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tinashe Musere
> Love God, love His people!
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "tribewithavibe" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<tribewithavibe%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.
>
>


-- 

....Loving God includes loving people.  You`ve got to love both. 1 John 4:21
(MSG)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.

Reply via email to