On February 7, 2018 at 1:58:42 PM, Susan Hares (sha...@ndzh.com) wrote:

Hi!

I was mistaken in my understanding of this new IPR is from Cisco (author
Dave Oran). It says a related IPR was made for draft-retana-marp
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/113/).

I will investigate this and why Alvaro Retana indicated this IPR should be
indicated on this draft.

As I was reviewing draft-ietf-trill-address-flush for this week’s IESG
Telechat, I realized that I had worked on a similar solution (many years
ago) and that cisco has related IPR.  According to rfc8179 I disclosed that
as soon as possible — sorry I hadn’t read this document earlier in the
process.

My note about the declaration for draft-retana-marp is to point out that
the patent that I think is related to draft-ietf-trill-address-flush had
already been disclosed by cisco back then.

Alvaro.